Thanks for visiting!
The Goodway’s commitment to keeping all proceeds in Kingston starts here and starts with you.
Twice annually we will award cash grants to locally based projects.
Our priorities begin with youth, youth at risk, youth trying to get a hand up, exceptional youth doing exceptional things, people dealing with mental health issues or a project that is destined to enhance our community as a whole.
At this stage we will focus on programming vs bricks, mortar and equipment.
We will also give priority to groups or individuals that have engaged with The Goodway through volunteering, donating, shopping and promoting us to your friends.
The grant application below is the best way to have your request considered. Extra phone calls or visits to talk to Goodway employees will not enhance your opportunity to receive grant money. If we need further clarification about the merits or specifics of your application we will contact you.
You may print this page and hand write the application although we prefer a typed or electronic submission:
Grant Application for an Individual:
Grant Application for an Organization:
The Goodway’s Corporate Volunteer Program offers a wide range for meaningful and interactive projects for you and your colleagues. Our top priority is to ensure that you and your colleagues are engaged, your contribution has an immediate impact, and most importantly, your support aligns and enhances Goodwill’s mission. Please let us know more about your company and Corporate Volunteer event expectations and preferences by submitting this form to Management at The Goodway via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your feedback and determine events to suit your needs. We commit to responding to your inquiry within 48 business hours. Thank you for considering The Goodway for your Corporate Volunteering event. Please fill out the form below if you wish to volunteer:
NOW RECRUITING VOLUNTEERS: The Goodway Volunteer Ambassadors
The Goodway Volunteer Ambassador provides excellent customer service, handling essential sales floor functions and working in the processing area handling a variety of donated goods. This “hands on” volunteer position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, provide excellent customer service and create a memorable experience for every shopper and donor. The Goodway Volunteer Ambassador will ensure that all established procedures are carried out according in a safe, respectful and inclusive way.
- Provides courteous, friendly, efficient and effective service to internal and external customers and other members of the public
- Greets, assists and thanks donors by receiving incoming goods
- Handles all donations carefully to avoid damage and is responsible for following safe handling practices and procedures
- Processes donations in a timely and accurate manner
- Creates/maintains displays and rotates donations as required
- Ensure that The Goodway store is always beautiful, clean and welcoming
- Performs routine cleaning functions
- Observes and adheres to internal policies in accordance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS), and Worker’s Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Reports promptly to the Store Manager/Assistant Manager(s) of any mechanical defect or anything that could be a safety hazard
- Actively works as part of a team to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment that meets or exceeds all legislated and industry standards
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed
- Available and willing to volunteer variable shifts including: days, evenings and weekends (Saturdays & Sundays)
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work effectively with the public
- Experience in related field such as customer service, retail sales, warehousing/material handling preferred
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment and tolerate heat, cold and dust
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal/written communication and mathematical skills
Please fill out the form below to submit your application, or download a PDF Copy HERE:
It is hard to say, “No, thank you” to a donation since this is what our organization depends on. Unfortunately, Goodway cannot accept some items for reasons which include safety hazards, inability to repair items, and garbage disposal fees. We are unable to accept: • used mattresses or water beds • furniture • electric or kerosene heaters • paint or paint thinners • flammable materials • car batteries or any other corrosive materials • used tires • large appliances • building materials (bathroom fixtures) • baby cribs • child seat/car seat • high chairs • pianos/organs • metal desks • large desks • large exercise equipment • weapons
To Download a PDF copy of the application form Click Here
Fill in the contact form below to be automatically emailed to our team. [contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]